Fantasia: Disney's Special Edition (1940) Deluxe CAV Box Set [1236 CS] SEALED
is on back order
The box set you will receive is in new old stock, factory sealed condition. The pictured photos are to show version and an idea of the contents if you choose to open it.
Gold contents sticker present and attached to the shrink on back of box, Final release sticker present on shrink on front of box. Box set is factory sealed so I have no reason to belive it would not be complete inside, however I cannot check the contents to confirm this- contents would be: laminated lithograph, commemorative booklet, and certificate of authenticity
Disc(s): Box set is sealed so discs condition cannot be checked.
Other condition notes:
Copy from a California, smoke free home. Original owner was a Professor of Animation at Colorado State. Box set always stored inside a temperature controlled home inside a plastic protector sleeve. Sleeve removed to take photographs.
- Over sized Box set 15 x 13.5 in (38x34cm)
- CAV 1991 "final release" of the 1940 film
- Special Edition Box Set includes supplemental "Making of a Masterpiece" on Side 6
Analog sound is Stereo for Music, but Mono for Dialogue
- Only available version with the original Deems Taylor dialogue (in this case, the 120-minute 50th Anniversary re-release based on the 1947 General Release Version).
The Dolby Surround mix on the digital tracks is not mono compatible (it is suitable for surround or stereo playback only). For mono playback select the analog tracks (this mix is mono compatible).
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Due to the large volume of inventory I have, I am not able to test every disc. All items are untested unless stated otherwise. Because all items are vintage new old stock or used/secondhand, there are no returns. However if the disc has laser rot or your order arrived damaged, please contact me for store credit. If you are unhappy with your order for any other reason, please send me an email describing the issue and we can work something out!
Please note that disc photos are my stock photos, unless stated as otherwise, and actual item condition may vary from these photos
All discs/covers are graded along the same lines as the Goldmine Record Grading Scale
Tested discs with any signs of laser rot will be graded along the LDDB laser rot scale:
- 1/5 - Light rot: a few speckles, hard to notice, might be a scratched master
- 2/5 - Medium rot: still can be watched but speckles are becoming distracting
- 3/5 - Heavy rot: multicolored snow all over the screen
- 4/5 - Critical rot: analog sound is distorted, digital sound clicks and pops
- 5/5 - Death: disc cannot be played anymore
If you have specific questions about discs and condition, I'm always happy to answer questions and provide photos! Feel free to email me!