Close Encounters Of The Third Kind: Special Edition Criterion #125 (1980) CAV [CC1241L]
is on back order
Widescreen CAV Triple Gatefold copy. Inner sheet is included
In 1980, Steven Spielberg excised 16 minutes from the original negative of "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" and replaced it with 7 minutes of previously deleted footage and 6 minutes of new material for a Special Edition reissue.
- Exclusive restoration of the original 1977 version of Close Encounters, with one shot from the Special Edition that was included and 3 scenes which remain deleted from his reconstruction of the original version at Mr. Spielberg's request
- All footage from both the 1977 and 1980 releases - program your LaserDisc player to watch the version you prefer
- New digital video transfer, supervised by director Steven Spielberg, presented entirely in the full-feature CAV standard play format
- New Dolby Surround soundtrack created from the original 4-channel mix
- Steven Spielberg describes "letterboxing"
- Making Close Encounters: An interactive documentary featuring video interviews with director Steven Spielberg, special effects wiz Douglas Trumbull, composer John Williams, and other principals, along with over 1,000 still frames from different aspects of the production. Also included are screenplay excerpts of deleted scenes, publicity materials for the Original and Special Edition, and more...
Other condition notes:
Copy from a California, smoke free home. Original owner was a Professor of Animation at Colorado State. Discs always stored inside a temperature controlled home inside a plastic sleeve. Sleeve removed to take photographs.
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Due to the large volume of inventory I have, I am not able to test every disc. All items are untested unless stated otherwise. Because all items are vintage new old stock or used/secondhand, there are no returns. However if the disc has laser rot or your order arrived damaged, please contact me for store credit. If you are unhappy with your order for any other reason, please send me an email describing the issue and we can work something out!
Please note that disc photos are my stock photos, unless stated as otherwise, and actual item condition may vary from these photos
All discs/covers are graded along the same lines as the Goldmine Record Grading Scale
Tested discs with any signs of laser rot will be graded along the LDDB laser rot scale:
- 1/5 - Light rot: a few speckles, hard to notice, might be a scratched master
- 2/5 - Medium rot: still can be watched but speckles are becoming distracting
- 3/5 - Heavy rot: multicolored snow all over the screen
- 4/5 - Critical rot: analog sound is distorted, digital sound clicks and pops
- 5/5 - Death: disc cannot be played anymore
If you have specific questions about discs and condition, I'm always happy to answer questions and provide photos! Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org