Maniac: Special Edition (1980) LB Uncut ELITE [EE1980]
is on back order
*stock photos are used to denote version*
- LB CLV 1995 Director's Cut pressing of the 1980 film
- Includes commentary by director William Lustig, special make-up effects artist Tom Savini, editor Lorenzo Marinelli, and Joe Spinell's assistant Luke Walter on both analog channels.
- Back cover features notes by the Director, William Lustig.
This disc features the only release of the true director's cut of the film. As far as we're aware, this version has never been released on any other format. The back cover states:
For this laserdisc release, Mr. Lustig has recut MANIAC to his original vision. Approximately three minutes have been trimmed from the first twenty minutes of the film. Also, the Caroline Munro 'date' scene has been dropped. Tom Savini's special makeup effects are totally intact.
Would have included an ELITE ENTERTAINMENT postcard offering a MANIAC T-shirt for 'only $16.95', featuring the LD cover art and the tag line 'I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight'.
Supplementary Section Contains Chapters:
- Unrated Domestic Theatrical Trailer
- R-Rated Domestic Theatrical Trailer
- Television Spots
- Foreign Theatrical Trailers (Italy, France, Germany)
- Maniac II: Mr. Robbie - Promotional Footage
- Deleted Scene
Other condition notes:
Copy from a California, smoke free, super collector's home. Discs always stored inside a temperature controlled home inside a plastic sleeve. Sleeve removed to take photographs.
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Due to the large volume of inventory I have, I am not able to test every disc. All items are untested unless stated otherwise. Because all items are vintage new old stock or used/secondhand, there are no returns. However if the disc has laser rot or your order arrived damaged, please contact me for store credit. If you are unhappy with your order for any other reason, please send me an email describing the issue and we can work something out!
Please note that disc photos are my stock photos, unless stated as otherwise, and actual item condition may vary from these photos
All discs/covers are graded along the same lines as the Goldmine Record Grading Scale
Tested discs with any signs of laser rot will be graded along the LDDB laser rot scale:
- 1/5 - Light rot: a few speckles, hard to notice, might be a scratched master
- 2/5 - Medium rot: still can be watched but speckles are becoming distracting
- 3/5 - Heavy rot: multicolored snow all over the screen
- 4/5 - Critical rot: analog sound is distorted, digital sound clicks and pops
- 5/5 - Death: disc cannot be played anymore
If you have specific questions about discs and condition, I'm always happy to answer questions and provide photos! Feel free to email me at email@example.com