Staring: James Cameron, Ed Harris
Collector's Edition Special Edition: 1992 Director's Cut
- New digitally mastered transfer supervised by James Cameron
- Restored footage not included in theatrical release
- Full color brochure including program notes by J. Cameron, chapters listings and viewers guide to additional scenes
- Side 5/6 contains the premiere presentation of "UNDER PRESSURE: MAKING THE ABYSS", a one hour documentary featuring new interviews with the filmmakers and cast members about "the toughest shoot in film history"
- Exclusive COLLECTOR'S SECTION including:
- Annotated history of the production
- Rare production photographs
- Documented evolution of the story
- Complete treatment and final draft of the screenplay
- Behind the scenes footage
- Production artwork
- Original advertising materials, including the original theatrical teaser and trailer
- The first title to be released under the THX LaserDisc program. Contains full frame THX audio and video test signals after the credits at the end of the CAV film side. The signals test disc and monitor quality as well as comb filtering and color resolution.
Chapter 29 on side 6 contains a trailer for the film Aliens after the color bars.
- Contains 31 minutes of extra footage and the entire film running order was reconstructed to match the original script.
Other condition notes:
Copy from a California, smoke free, super collector's home. Discs always stored inside a temperature controlled home inside a plastic sleeve. Sleeve removed to take photographs.
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Due to the large volume of inventory I have, I am not able to test every disc. All items are untested unless stated otherwise. Because all items are vintage new old stock or used/secondhand, there are no returns. However if the disc has laser rot or your order arrived damaged, please contact me for store credit. If you are unhappy with your order for any other reason, please send me an email describing the issue and we can work something out!
Please note that disc photos are my stock photos, unless stated as otherwise, and actual item condition may vary from these photos
All discs/covers are graded along the same lines as the Goldmine Record Grading Scale
Tested discs with any signs of laser rot will be graded along the LDDB laser rot scale:
1/5 - Light rot: a few speckles, hard to notice, might be a scratched master
2/5 - Medium rot: still can be watched but speckles are becoming distracting
3/5 - Heavy rot: multicolored snow all over the screen
4/5 - Critical rot: analog sound is distorted, digital sound clicks and pops
5/5 - Death: disc cannot be played anymore
If you have specific questions about discs and condition, I'm always happy to answer questions and provide photos! Feel free to email me!